Core Services and Collaborative Projects:
- Protein/peptide molecular weight determination
- Protein identification by LC-MS/MS and database search for individual gel bands and complex mixtures including cell lysates
- Quantitative proteomics with spectral counting, peak area, or stable isotope labeling by TMT or iTRAQ
- Protein modification analysis for phosphorylation, methylation, acetylation, ubiquitinylation, glycosylation, inhibitor binding, and chemical adduct site determination
- Targeted proteomics for quantitation of selected proteins
- High resolution intact and top down protein analysis
- Top-down and UVPD analysis of intact proteins for cleavage characterization, ligand binding, and modification analysis through Jennifer Brodbelt‘s participation in UT System Proteomics Core Facility Network
Self-service instrumentation available:
- HPLC and FPLC (4°C or room temperature)
- MALDI-TOF MS molecular weight determination
When using core services, remember to cite the Proteomics Facility in your publications, and funding source CPRIT RP110782 when work was billed at subsidized CPRIT rate, and send the citation to Maria Person. Continued support for the facility depends on documented outcomes.
If you are interested in collaborating on a protein modification or quantitation project, contact Maria Person.
For top-down and UVPD, contact Jennifer Brodbelt.