THE JOHN R. LAMONTAGNE LECTURE SERIES
Our keynote speaker this year will be Dr. Mary Estes. She is a Distinguished Professor of Virology and Microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Her research group studies viruses that infect distinct types of cells (enterocytes, crypt cells, M cells) in the GI tract as probes to learn about the biology, host response and gene expression of these cells. We are using multidisciplinary approaches to probe the structure and molecular biology of GI viruses to understand the basic mechanisms that control virus replication, morphogenesis, virus-host interactions, and pathogenesis.This event will be rescheduled for the fall. Please check back here for updates!
COVID-19 | LCID Researchers in the News
Center for Disease Control
- Children 5 years and younger are at high risk of developing serious complications if they become sick with #flu. Doctors Lisa Grohskopf and Georgina Peacock discuss the importance of flu vaccinations for all children in our latest podcast. Listen: t.co/kQFWMwqTcK
- CDC supports National Protect Your Hearing Month. Pain or discomfort in your ears can be an early warning sign of hearing loss caused by loud noise. If in doubt, get checked out. t.co/ePa7a3xaKx #NPYHM t.co/yOPh8ZlZyC
World Health Organization
- @c0pykatS That's so lovely! ❤️ So much love for your sister and her friends. And we hope you and your kids are recovering well since. Thank you for sharing your story! Stay safe!
- @ClaudiaHirawat Hi! Thanks for sharing - can you tell us more please? How did you support the community exactly and what kind of creativity? We would love to hear more!
LCID at UT
- Grace Kago, a grad student in LCID Director Dr. Shelley Payne's group, has worked to create a video in Gikuyu, which is spoken in Kenya. It provides basic information about the COVID pandemic and the virus. t.co/2wG25xYxxx
Under half an hour left to support infectious disease researchers and double your money! C'mon horns...
- It’s #UT40for40 time! Always happy to give back to the organizations/departments that supported me throughout my time on the Forty Acres! Donate to some of your favorite causes here: t.co/lFcmmZGqj4 t.co/I57CtdN5Vp
The time to give is now! Support LCID research here: t.co/klLU2JOAs3 t.co/qhKqq7o9mu
- SAVE THE DATE (Sept 15-16)!! support LCID researchers in the annual 40 hours for the 40 Acres giving campaign next week (t.co/Diz8l0gaBx). LCID directors are matching the first $2000 in LCID gifts!