Welcome to EuroWD 2018!
The 21st European Workshop on White Dwarfs will be held in Austin, TX from July 23rd to 27th of 2018. This biennial workshop was first held in Kiel (Germany) in 1974 and has since become the primary workshop for those researching white dwarf stars. This workshop's goal is to bring together a scientific community of world experts and young scientists alike to discuss the current state-of-the-art research in fields related to white dwarf stars, and to build an ever stronger network of collaboration.
A wide range of topics will be covered in talks and poster presentations. We encourage contributions in all areas of white dwarf research, some of which are listed below:
- White dwarf structure and evolution
- Progenitors and central stars of planetay nebulae
- White dwarfs as probes of mass loss, the local star formation history, and the IMF
- Atmospheres, chemical composition, and magnetic fields
- Pulsating white dwarfs
- White dwarfs in binaries: with stellar and substellar companions, double degenerates, CVs, etc.
- White dwarfs as SN Ia progenitors
- Dust, disks, and planetary systems around white dwarfs
- White dwarfs in stellar clusters and in the halo
- Experimental astrophysics of white dwarfs
- White dwarfs in new surveys
Registration is now CLOSED! If you have any questions about the registration, please contact us at euroWD21@gmail.com.
Local Organizing Committee
Barbara Castanheira (Chair), Fabiola Campos, Michael Montgomery, Zachary Vanderbosch, Don Winget, Patricia Cho
Scientific Organizing Committee
Barbara Castanheira (Chair), Martin Barstow, Alejandro Córsico, Patrick Dufour, Boris Gänsicke, Enrique García-Berro, Jay Holberg, Jurek Krzesinski, Atsuko Nitta, Kepler Oliveira, Judith Provencal, Klaus Werner, Don Winget
We would like to acknowledge McDonald Observatory and the UT-Austin Department of Astronomy for providing financial support to organize this meeting.
|Code of Conduct||Anonymous COC Report|
|EuroWD Google Map||EuroWD Slack Channel|