All participants do require a visa to visit Vietnam, except for few exemptions listed below.
Vietnam Visa exemption is granted to holders of a passport from:
- Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
- Philippines for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
- Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland for visits of 15 days at the maximum. At the end of June 2015, 5 more countries have been added to this list: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom for one year and then prolonged for another year in june 2016.
To obtain a visa
- Please apply for a tourist visa and get it at your nearest vietnamese consulate.
- You may apply for a tourist visa through the Internet. The internet visa application is cheaper but it does take some time (about 60 minutes) at the airport immigration office the actual what depends on the queue. Do not forget to bring with you 2 passport photos and 25-40 USD in cash as required by the internet visa office.